Fresh (and Happy) Diet

Fresh (and Happy) Diet sponsored post  banner3Welcome back everyone.  I know, this is the longest I’ve ever gone without blogging… But enough about that. That’s so boring.

I’m writing this on Monday, August 15th. 4 days into a (free) trial of The Fresh Diet. It’s a Monday morning and for the first time in forever I had a healthy and delicious Monday morning breakfast (portabello egg bake  - seriously YUM).

I’m also stuffed. I’ve figured out that these healthy/balanced meals are actually more filling than my normal carb heavy diet.  I guess this is something healthy people already know? So much so that I end each day with at least one of my snacks/meals uneaten. AND, I’ve lost 3 lbs since Thursday (yes, really). My longtime readers know that I’ve been struggling a bit with my weight for the past 6-9 months-ish, so this is kinda a big deal.

So, here’s the deal with Fresh Diet: I went online last week and let them know my allergies (of which I have a few), likes and dislikes, and selected meals that looked good. Every morning I wake up to find a bag full of fresh healthy meals outside my door. Pretty much my dream come true. No hassle, no stress and no waste (my fridge is usually full of moldy leftovers). Just a couple of minutes in the microwave and poof – healthy meal.  No counting calories or points (something I suck at). No measuring or weighing. So easy that even I can do it.

At first, I thought the meals were too small. But after a day, my body adjusted. I was used to starting the day with a big bowl of gluten-free cereal, snacking all day, having big bowls of gluten-free pasta for dinner… and yes I’m doing a gluten free version of fresh diet.

Fresh (and Happy) Diet sponsored post  chickenandfruit

I’m babbling, sorry. It’s just that I’m really excited about this. And super-excited that I had the opportunity to try it out. I really feel like it got me on a fresh start for fall. Got me out of my old rut and into better habits.

The lovely folks at Fresh Diet are offering a great deal for my readers: Buy One Week, Get Your Next Week 50% off. Your daily meal plan will include 3 meals, 2 snacks and delivery, which honestly is a LOT of food. The promo code to redeem this offer is “single.”

Tags: ,

9 to “Fresh (and Happy) Diet”

1. Charlotte says:

Hey, girl!

Any tips you can give to someone who is also just starting out on a gluten-free diet? I have no idea what I’m doing. Thanks! Also glad to see you enjoyed this diet–I miss it since it ended.

I’m the last person who should be giving diet/food advice. But my logical advice would be to NOT fill up on starchy products that are marketed at gluten-free like cereal, bread, pasta, cookies, crackers. They tend to be low in fiber and high in sugar. And, honestly, not very good.
    But I’ve been eating that crap out of habit (as I always had a high-carb diet) and it’s been really bad for my waistline..

3. Mel says:

I wish I could find a food plan that was for athletes. Man, I burn up so much food. Not a chance I could survive on little portions (or without starchy fill-ups)! Does Fresh Diet do cater to different situations, besides food allergies/intolerances?
    Mel recently posted..SATURDAY: made for roller derby!My Profile

• Simone Grant says:

I don’t know if they have an option that would work for you, but it’s worth giving them a ring and asking. I asked a lot of question to make sure I could be make it work for me.

4. HP says:

I’m not a fan of these MTO, deliver to your home meal plan things. Not because they don’t work, because I’m sure that they do, but because it’s not sustainably realistic for I would say the majority of people. Unless they are rich, no one can afford to pay $35 a day, everyday for food! And statistically the richer you are the healthier you are anyway because you can afford to buy good food, and pay a monthly gym membership. There’s a reason people in poorer and urban communities are in a weight epidemic, because they can’t afford much so they buy the cheap junk. Food Inc. shows a perfect example of just that.

Not only price but the amount of waste in having everything prepackaged and then delivered everyday, the environment is already bad enough. I admit I buy my groceries from Fresh Direct and I do feel bad about it but I recycle everything I can and do my best to keep my waste as low as possible.

Lastly it’s not sustainable as a life change, it’s a diet pure and simple, as it says. The minute you go off of it, you’ll gain back weight because you’re not being held accountable for what you’re putting into your body. Someone is doing everything for you. You’re not learning and though your body will become accustomed to smaller portions, you didn’t learn anything to fill those portions with what you need.

I know I’m going to get a lot of flack for this but like all diet plans, this holds unrealistic expectations for people.

• Simone Grant says:

You’re right, it’s a diet. Which was exactly what I needed (and exactly what I suck at). I understand your frustration with the waste and the larger political/socioeconomic issues. For me, this is actually less wasteful than ordering from Fresh Direct or even going to the market and coming home with bags of groceries – because I always over shop and end up throwing away a huge percentage of what I buy. I’ve never learned to buy the right amount of food for one person. Seriously, my fridge is always gross with moldy food and my freezer is PACKED with leftovers (no room for more). At least I can wash and use these storage containers again.

As for the econ. issues, if it’s something you care about – do something about it. It’s pretty easy to get involved, volunteer, donate $.

5. Simm says:

Shit I would have loved to try it, I’m in Canada though *sigh* :(

6. Shannia says:

I haven’t read you in so long, lots of catching up to do. I think that’s an extremely good alternative for anyone who wants to diet and not be bothered with counting every calorie.