Goldilocks and the 3 Bears

Goldilocks and the 3 Bears batshit crazy  525px The Three Bears   Project Gutenberg eText 17034 262x300

Illustration by Arthur Rackham

You all know the story of Goldilocks and the 3 Bears, right?

Lost in the forest, she walked into a strange house and tried to make herself at home. It took a bit of trial and error, but she found things that suited her, JUST RIGHT.

Lucky for her, there were only 3 of everything – 3 bowls of porridge, 3 chairs and 3 beds. It made it a lot easier to narrow down which of the 3 was just right for her.

Imagine if Goldilocks found herself in a giant mansion with hundreds of chairs, she might never have found one that was just right.  Or maybe she would’ve just given up and sat on something that wasn’t that bad, out of sheer exhaustion.

Nothing wrong with that, I suppose. Although, my back hurts like hell when I sit in chairs that don’t suit me.

Just a random thought on a cranky Monday morning.

Tags: , ,

8 to “Goldilocks and the 3 Bears”

1. C. Fassett says:

Mmmkay…apparently you need a new chair. Or perhaps you slept on a mattress that had a pea under it. Pebble in the shoe? Hope your day gets better :).
    C. Fassett recently posted..All Stop Then Nock- Aim- Let My Arrow FlyMy Profile

2. So, the moral of the story is.. simplify and only buy what you truly need? :-) Choice paralysis.
    Rufus Shepherd recently posted..I am nobodyMy Profile

3. NikkiB says:

Ha! Maybe we should just call some girlfriends, forget about the chairs, and instead head to the kitchen after the vodka!
    NikkiB recently posted..Introducing… Simone and the Dating MoratoriumMy Profile

4. Kat says:

Very interesting analysis for a Monday morning. Care to take a crack at Green Eggs and Ham? :-)

5. Vanessa says:

Haha..cute. I guess we all tend to have crazy random thoughts pop up in our heads every now and then. Although, it could have deeper meaning and have something to with what’s in your subconscious. hmmmm….

6. Loverville says:

New York is definitely a mansion with too many chairs! And even the chairs are looking for someone better to have sit on them. :)
    Loverville recently posted..A lot can happen in a week!My Profile

7. Dennis Hong says:

More likely, Goldilocks will end up choosing the chair that has the fanciest looking duds, whether or not that chair is actually a good fit for her: ;-)

Dennis Hong recently posted..My Mama Needs Her Daughter Right NowMy Profile

8. Brittney says:

SO funny that you say this. I was just complaining to a friend today about how I can’t find the right guy– my ex didn’t show he cared enough, the man currently pursuing me cares too much and its smothersome. My exact quote was, “I feel like goldilocks and I just cant find the porridge that’s just right.