And so we’ll see

Very short post this morning. A catch you up on dating stuff post.

So, remember last weekend when I cried on that date? Days passed and I didn’t hear anything from that guy. So I kinda figured good riddance and was happy to move beyond whatever weird emotion he sparked in me (I was thinking it was a Danger Will Robinson kind of thing).

And then I get this bizarre from him, 6 days after our date. Saying he was out of town. And that he wanted to call but didn’t want to put me on the spot. And that he likes me. And he’d like to be in my life, even if it’s just as friends. Or something to that effect.

I was kind of shocked. It had been 6 days.

After thinking on it for a while, I called him. The next night. Left a VM. He texted me a few hours later and said he’d call when he got home. That was the last I heard from him.

And so we’ll see.  I really have no idea how I FEEL about any of this/that.

Tags: ,

12 to “And so we’ll see”

1. pups4me says:

Hmmm…after way too many years of dating I’ve learned I can’t tell a thing based on how soon I hear from a guy after a date. Sometimes I get a nice text or email within a few hours of a date but then never hear from him again. Other times I’ve not heard anything for a few days and then we end up dating for awhile. No rhyme or reason is my point and it can be so exhausting trying to figure out what it means.

2. Kelly says:

Huh…that is confusing. Is it just me, or have guys gotten somewhat more passive lately? It’s not necessarily a good or bad thing, but it is a little more confusing to figure out what’s going on. I’ve had a lot of dates lately where I’m unclear on whether we’re still dating or whether we’re just buddies.

3. NotYetCrazyCatLady says:

A friend (who is also a family therapist) told me that putting time limits on things makes us establish unrealistic expectations for both ourselves and the other party. You cannot put a time limit on grief or how long it takes to get over a relationship or how long it ‘should’ take to fall for someone. If he calls, he calls; if he doesn’t, he doesn’t. Whether he’ll just end up being a friend or a partner remains to be seen..over time. We are an immediate gratification generation. It has led us to buy things we can’t afford because we want them NOW. It’s the same with our thoughts and feelings. Just let it ride and see what happens.

• Simone Grant says:

It’s smart advice and advice that I try hard to follow. But I can’t help asking myself why things are the way they are. (for example, was his delay a game/a way to get the upper hand – and if so I find that repulsive…).

• LadyD says:

I call BS on that – if a man is INTERESTED (and is physically attracted) they CONTACT YOU – soon – not 6 days later, etc. This is NOT unrealistic expectations! Those who hunt, EAT. Those who don’t – STARVE. Guys are simple: They either want you or not. Where women eff things up (and have created the whole section in bookstores on this subject) is spending too much time ANALYZING it – For me, it’s either there or it’s not – and would you REALLY want someone who’s THAT wishy-washy from the start? I think not!

4. Sounds like the guy might have been thinking about whether to call or not. Or he could have been out of town and busy. Sounds like he decided that he did want you in his life. If you want him in yours, I say make that plane to him as well. What have you got to lose?

• Simone Grant says:

I’ve got nothing to lose, except my sanity. But honestly, I’m trying hard to be communicative and honest with him (calling instead of emailing or texting). It’s all I can do.

5. datehater says:

What I’ve come to realize is that we can overanalyze the hell out of a man, a date or a situation and yet never be right. Some times men make sense, some times they don’t. But if you hear that tiny little voice in your head saying something or making you feel a certain way….9 times out of 10 it will come to be. And then it will always make sense in hindsight. Been having similar experiences myself on ihate2date.com

6. Dean Kaplan says:

Sounds like he’s playing games. Things were already a bit uneasy, so for him not to follow up on what he said he was going to do is a bit out of line in my opinion. Whenever I’m on thin ice with someone I care about, the last thing I’m going to do is fail to follow through on something I say I’m gonna do.

7. GT says:

Did you email him first and offer an explanation or apology for your slight tear up on your date? It sounds like he was trying to be polite. No over-analyzing necessary. He’s not interested. If he were he wouldn’t have waited 6 days to email you.

1 Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. How to Avoid Sketchy and Pointless Relationships - Living the College Life 02 05 12