Cheer Me the F*ck Up

Cheer Me the F*ck Up music is love  candy 2 300x264As my facebook friends and twitter followers will tell you, I have coping issues. I eat when I’m stressed. Chocolate, potato chips and gummy candy all washed down with Dr. Pepper.

Self-destructive binging. There are worse habits.

Anyway, I was more than a little upset this weekend and rather than hit the corner bodega for $10 full of candy (my norm) I decided to make my new Cheer Me the F*ck Up Playlist (now featured in the top right corner of the ). It actually helped a bit. Enjoy!

Tags: , ,

9 to “Cheer Me the F*ck Up”

1. Jolene says:

Aww, I’m sorry you had such a crappy day…but the playlist sounds awesome! thanks for sharing. XO.

2. jackie says:

Funny; I have a playlist called ‘Lighten the Fuck Up, Son.” I’ve found it impossible to be in a bad mood whilst listening to Bob Marely’s “Three Little Birds.”

3. Nikki04 says:

I am a total stress eater, too. It’s only when I’m beyond that, into true heartbreak, that I end up the binge exerciser (and I’d rather not be – the emotional toll is not worth it). If you can do the music instead? Soooo much better for getting out of the downward spiral! Yay!

If you’re looking for suggestions…

“The Dog Days Are Over” – Florence + the Machine (or really anything by that awesome sauce.)
    “The Cave” – Mumford & Sons
    “My CoCo” – stellastar
    “After Hours” – We Are Scientists
    “This Too Shall Pass” – Ok Go
    “Filthy Gorgeous” – Scissor Sisters
    “Burn It Down” – VHS or Beta
    And for some shamless pop…
    “Settlin” – Sugarland
    “Raise Your Glass’ – Pink

4. T says:

LOVE it. Great songs there! (My fave is In These Shoes.)

5. Sandyvs says:

LOL, In these shoes is one of our latest jazzercise routines. I LOVE it!

6. jPb says:

http://listen.grooveshark.com/s/You+And+The+Clouds+Will+Still+Be+Beautiful/K7m6E = “Claymore of Win”. Face towards face, turn up the volume and watch the Win.

7. Rain says:

My list consists of only one thing…a costly thing..but nothing else cheers me the f*ck up more than taking a vacation…travelling somewhere planning for a trip, looking forward to it and then getting on the plan and heading towards my destination is the ONLY thing that can cheer me up. Sucks though, cause i cant do it everyday

8. LadyD says:

Great playlist – especially the Joe Jackson. For me, I throw on some XTC (Drums and Wires CD), and some Yazoo – Situation, and some Buzzcocks (Everybody’s Happy Nowadays, Orgasm Addict), and that usually kicks my funk to the ‘da curb! And of COURSE, Jo Boxers’ “Just Got Lucky” never fails to get me in a better headspace! ;-) I had on continuous repeat the other day, Wham’s “Club Tropicana” – I DARE anyone to listen to that and try to stay in a funk!

9. SarahSunshine says:

Hi Simone,
    This is the first time I’ve checked out your blog and I have to tell you how thrilled I was to see Michelle Shocked and The Sundays on your cheerup playlist. I’m 36 and I’ve been feeling lately like Generation X has disappeared off the planet. Did no one else get through high school listening to Out of Time on their Sony Walkman? Why has the world been taken over by aging baby boomers and 20-somethings?
    Thanks for posting the list :)

Keep on rockin’, girl.