A Short Funny Story.

A Short Funny Story. just a story  739769 70645023 300x225Well, it was funny to me.

As I’ve said, many times, I have a lousy memory. Pitiful. I can be looking straight at a person who I’ve met several times and not be able to remember his/her name.  It sucks.

But, I can remember faces.  And have a pretty easy time remembering where I know a face from.

Speaking of looking at faces… a couple of months ago I was looking at my match.com inbox when I saw a face I recognized. From life.  A friend of a friend I’ve met several times over the past few years.  I was 99.9% sure it was him. So I read his profile and sure enough, it was definitely him. I assume he didn’t recognize me/my profile.

The bastard.

IRL he’s married.  Not on match.com.  I was tempted to call our mutual friend and rat him out, but decided it wasn’t any of my business. And I didn’t want to put his close friend (our mutual friend) in an position.

Seriously, though, Match.com with a public picture in a town as small as NYC (it’s a really small town in a lot of ways)? Dumbass!

I was reminded of this, yesterday, when I read Miss Melissa Mae’s hysterical post, Unwitting Homewrecker. And, I’m SURE he’s hooked up with some woman by now.  Several women.  He’s handsome, charming – all the good stuff.  And as he’s advertising himself as single…

Well, I think it’s funny.

Tags: , ,

11 to “A Short Funny Story.”

1. pansophy says:

I’m sure I should be outraged, but I can’t seem to muster it. Given how many dating sites there are for people that want to have an affair, is it possible that he is divorced now?

• Simone Grant says:

Outrage at a married man posing as single on a dating site – don’t bother. It’s all too common.

In his case, I doubt they’re divorced or even separated.

• pansophy says:

So why would you go on Match.com when you can just go to a site for people wanting to have an affair? Maybe rather than ratting him out you just send him a link!

• Simone Grant says:

LOL. Probably for the same reason that SOME guys would prefer to go out with women who say they want serious relationships, lie and say they also want a serious relationship, and then disappear after the first time they have sex. It’s more fun when you’re being extra naughty, or something like that.

2. Catherine says:

I think this is funny too, but I would totally rat him out. I’m just that kinda girl, and he deserves it! Good recall though. That could have been messy…

3. Jolene says:

Wow! That’s nuts! But am sure it’s more common – sadly – than we think. I vote rat out.

• Simone Grant says:

I think it’s about as common as married guys in bars pretending to be single. And married women in bars pretending to be single.

Some people just aren’t honest. But nah, I can’t be the one who calls the wife.

4. Matty D says:

I just wanted to say that I really enjoy your blog! It’s extremely insightful and humorous, with a dash of humility on occasion. I spent the last couple of weeks reading it in my down time, i.e. while slacking off at work. I feel like I’ve successfully managed to cram a couple years of your dating life experiences into a couple weeks of mine. I’ve wanted to comment on tons of posts in the past, but figured I would wait until I finally caught up to present day. That being said–what the hell am I going to do on my lunch hour now!?

Keep up the great work and I look forward to future posts!

5. Elizabeth says:

I must back up Matty D and say: your blog IS witty and sharp and edgy.
    You really have a beautiful eye for the aesthetic, as well as a succinct take on things.
    *Sigh* … oh well, I can aspire
    ;-)
    Elizabeth recently posted..Anyone parle punani patois?My Profile