Take this Sex Toy and Shove it!

I get a lot of, um, interesting things in my inbox. Like you wouldn’t believe. I try to stay on top of it all (it is a lot, and I’ve learned that sometimes it’s hard to quickly tell the wheat from the chaff) but mostly I fail.

Anyway, one of the more random things that showed up this week was a link to this post, The 7 Greatest Homemade Sex Toys For Men (no, I’m not making this up, people just email me this stuff).

So speaking of homemade , did I ever mention that years ago I dated a guy who was very into homemade ? I’m not talking about using household objects as . I mean making/crafting toys from scratch. Out of raw materials – leather, feathers, rubber…

I have always had, and still have, a strict trash and burn policy when it comes to break-ups. When a relationship ends I get rid of all reminders of the ex in question (except for jewelry, I keep that). When I broke up with Mr. Homemade Sex Toys, I had to make a choice – what  should I do about the toys he’d left at my place (as they were very much made for playing together). I gave him the option of picking them up (I tend to give guys a 48 hour window) and then tossed them in the trash. Note: I have been known to mail things back to men, without a final goodbye note. Random things on random occasions.

Sometimes I wish I hadn’t.  A couple of them were really nice toys. But they were his.  And it just would have been icky to keep them.

So, what about you?  What do you do after a break-up?

What do you do with your ex's stuff after a break-up?

View Results

Take this Sex Toy and Shove it! dating polls  loading Loading ...

Tags: , ,

7 to “Take this Sex Toy and Shove it!”

1. sandralm39 says:

I would box it up, pay for the delivery and a copy of what I sent back, pic if possible (in case the ex is a douche).

I’ve only dated one guy and married him, but I’ve encountered a lot of douches in my life (exes of my friends).

2. Sandyvs says:

I’ve only been in that situation once, and I boxed everything up (and there was quite a bit of stuff) that he’d given me and left it on his back porch with a note stating that I wanted nothing to do with someone I had no respect for. When I’m done, I’m done, so I would never tell him to come by and pick up his stuff. That’s what the mail services are for.

3. Dazediva says:

Most of the time, I’ve not had much left over from ex’s only because I have never really encouraged them to leave things at mine. I have received gifts from exs (soft toys, clothes, jewelry) which I have kept and not thrown away. I do not wear anything from an ex around a new guy cos that would just be weird in case the guy asks where I got it from !

A man I was absolutely head-over-heels with got sent an email asking him to return all MY things (specifically the toys we got together cos I was in a bitchy mood) which were at his house – of course he never responded to that; but I was the bigger person and sent back anything he’d left at mine .. I wonder sometimes if he still has them or if he threw them out. I did remove him from my social networks; blocked his email; deleted his phone number.

I didn’t however delete his pictures (or any other ex’s pictures) – only because I NEVER delete photos; any memory of them is now stored away on a HD that doesn’t get touched.

4. D says:

I once dropped off an old sex toy at Goodwill. Mainly on a dare from my girlfriend.

5. mary says:

i trash must of it but keep certain things in a box with the rest of it.

6. I love your article for Homemade Sex Toys! As for after breakup, if the memories are not so good, I will offer these to my trash box but for some good memories, I can keep a few memorablia in my hidden attic box, just in case I want to remember good times.

7. vendetta says:

Depends what it is of theirs, Mr. NY I threw his shirt away, no need to keep it, it was a wife beater that was 10 sizes too big for me. Brown, I mailed his sunglasses to him with a short note, like 3 lines, and that was that. I usually try to give them a chance to come get their stuff, then deal with it. If I can mail it, I do, if not, I trash it. Jewelry, I keep, always, HA! Take that jerkface for leaving it with me. I think I still have some CD’s that this stalker made me, but I don’t listen to them, they remind me of him and creep me out, probably should throw them away, or burn them or something.