Is The Universe Trying to Tell Me Something?

Is The Universe Trying to Tell Me Something? online dating  3612890120 c3caf20968 225x300So a few weeks(?) ago I got a message from some guy on . He seemed smart, funny, cute and familiar. Like we’d met already. I couldn’t place him, though.

So I replied to his message and said, straight out, You seem familiar, is it possible that we’ve met?

A couple of days passed and I didn’t hear back from him, so I figured he placed me from somewhere (maybe we went out years ago, or something) and didn’t want to reply.  In the meantime, I was getting some unwanted attention from a bunch of guys (young, persistent ones who clearly had been hearing wild things about older women) and so I decided to shut down the OkCupid profile and focus on and .

So then a week or so later I got a message from that same guy on Match.com, asking me where I went to/why I disappeared? I thought it was sweet the way he followed up with me on another site. But he didn’t mention my question about looking familiar.

You know where this is going, don’t you?  I think I’ve figured it out.  After a few messages back and forth, he said something in a message that jogged my memory.  I think he’s this guy.  I’m 95% sure (but not 100%).  It’s embarrassing that I don’t recognize him from his pictures or profile and that he doesn’t recognize me (my profile is almost identical, and while my pictures are new they really do look like me).  But I have to admit, my memory is completely useless lately (I take some medicine that messes it up, and so I write EVERYTHING down).  And I’ve always been bad at recognizing people/faces.

So now what? He’s been aggressively pursuing me, online, for weeks. Do I just stop replying?  Do I tell him that I think we already went out last summer and tell him the details and see if it was him?  Do I just let it ride and go out with him, again, telling him nothing about my suspicions just to see what happens?

Could this possibly be the universe telling me that that was a fluke and me and this guy should meet again?

Tags: , , ,

10 to “Is The Universe Trying to Tell Me Something?”

1. Seems weird that he wouldn’t address your query. I’d ask him outright, but that’s just me! What happened? Did he just never call or you didn’t?

2. Sandyvs says:

Oh yeah, you gotta go out with him. If for nothing else, all your faithful readers. C’mon Simone, take one for the team! Don’t over think this one, just go out with him. Then, once you DO go out with him, decide THEN how to handle it. Good luck, and keep us posted.

3. Deedee says:

I say don’t go. If it’s the guy you think it was, then you found him arrogant. (Arrogant men tend to be narcissistic and treat women badly, no?)

If it’s someone completely new, I’m troubled by the fact that he didn’t answer your query as to whether you have previously met. In my dating experience, this signals a guy who either 1. is talking with so many women that he loses track of his emails, or 2. is arrogant, and simply will share what info he chooses when and if he chooses.
    Jaded? Maybe, but I’m speaking from experience.

4. Matt says:

I think it’s a universe fart. They exist, we’re all human. And no you should not go out with him.

5. Sandyvs says:

About your question, ‘Is the universe trying to tell me something’? EVERY single time I’ve been in a situation where I’m thinking ‘This is happening for a reason’., it was………just not the reason I was thinking it was! I always learned a completely new lesson from those experiences.

6. I say give it a whirl. You never know what could happen. I agree with other comments though that you should try and pin down if he’s the guy you think he is.

7. Tahoe Bill says:

I agree with Sandyvs. Go ahead and take one for the team–what the Universe is trying to tell you is that you have material for a blog post coming. Don’t ask him if he’s that guy, just go. Be even funnier (for us anyway) if he is the guy but does not remember meeting before.

8. If he sounds intriguing now I say go for it. It’s possible he isn’t that same guy, and even if he is, maybe he’s less arrogant than before and would be a decent match for you.

9. Dazediva says:

Just go for it; if you met this man without make-up and had a decent enough time for the afternoon – might as well go out – check if he’s the same one and make an afternoon / evening of it :)

I wrote a post ages ago about how everything happens for a reason .. its the universal spectrum .. and in essence its metaphysics. Any vibes, energies we give out come back to us in some way or form.

Enjoy your day – don’t’ bring it up to the man over email – meet him and see if you both remember anything :P

10. Angelica says:

I say give him a chance. Maybe he’s that guy, but maybe he’s not…