As I mentioned earlier in the week, I feel like I’m ready to return to dating again. So now what?
Well, step one is for me to unhide my online profile(s). I’ll probably activate my profiles on nerve and OkCupid. I took a few minutes (really, just a few) last night to browse new members and there seem to be lots of new guys on each.
Which is great. Lots of new guys means lots of new choices. I like choices.
But here’s the thing. I’ve been making some pretty awful choices lately. I still can’t believe I responded to M and got pulled back into his drama. So maybe you guys, all of you (or any of you who want to chime in) can help me out.
Here’s what I’m thinking. If anyone out there wanted to take 4 or 5 minutes to check out the guys on nerve or OkCupid (btw, have you voted in the Best Online Profile Contest yet?) and then recommend a guy or 2 or 3 to me, I’d think that was pretty awesome. I can’t promise to like all of your suggestions, but I promise to be open to them, and probably even ponder them publicly here on the blog.
Here’s my most basic criteria. My MUST HAVES. I think it’s a small list.
- Between my age (39) and 51ish. I will go a bit lower, but really don’t feel comfortable with the idea of dating younger guys.
- Lives in NYC. Boroughs are fine. Hoboken/Jersey City is fine. Anything I can get to via public transportation in under 30 minutes is a maybe. I don’t date guys who live out in the burbs.
- All the normal good stuff: smart, funny, attractive – all of which is pretty subjective.
- I don’t care much about height, but anyone taller than 6’1″ is probably too tall.
- Actually interested in a relationship/more than just something casual.
- Not desperate to get married and breed.
Please leave any and all suggestions here in the comments section. Yes, I’m serious about this. I actually think this is a great idea. I’m asking for help from my friends. One of you might see something in a guy’s profile that I completely overlook.
Besides, what’s the worse that can happen? I end up communicating with a few more guys who aren’t “right” for me. No biggie.
Tags: nerve.com, OKCupid, online dating profiles