Thankful? Sure

I have a lot to be thankful for.  No doubt about that.  No list today.

AND I’m single.  And 39.  And that’s one of things I’m thankful for.

Because the life I’m leading right now:  starting over in my late 30s with a new career, meeting new people and being more social than I’ve been in years, that’s all connected to my being single.  And none of it would be happening if I wasn’t right where I am.  Single.  Living my life.  In this time and place.

Frequent readers of this blog have heard me use the phrase, “I don’t believe in much”, on several occasions.  And it’s true.  I am a firm disbeliever in most things.  But here’s one big thing I believe in:  It all works out in the end.  If it hasn’t worked out, it’s not the end.

My story, the story of me and dating and relationships, it’s nowhere near the end.  Now, I have no idea how it’s going to end.  Maybe the end looks a lot like now (me being single).  Or maybe it looks a lot different in some way that I can’t possibly imagine.  But I’m not going to know until I get there.

The point is, I’m thankful for the life I have now.  Truly thankful.

Tags:

9 to “Thankful? Sure”

1. DaveTheBrit says:

And we are thankful that you do!

2. Shannia says:

that’s a great thing, be thankful for what you have, you’re happy, that’s the most important thing.

I believe I might end up single with 30 cats in my house… lol The neighbours kids will call me the scary cat lady and I’ll probably walk around with cat hair all over my clothes and talk of my kitties as if they where human.. lollll

3. dazediva says:

I’m thankful that I managed to find you in blogosphere =) My inbox wouldn’t be the same without you.
    You are truly an amazing woman – and there’s really nothing you need to change about you :)

4. jolene 1079 says:

LOVE your post – about being thankful for being single, in particular. Cheers to that :)

5. TimetoDateAgain.com says:

I know that the holidays can be a bummer, but there’s really a lot to be thankful for. Family, friends, health … that’s a lot! I may be single, but I love that in times of like these, I have the love of the people who truly matter around me to keep me company.

6. lucky gal says:

you took the words right out of my mouth. i’m also thankful for this blog of yours.

7. You Make My Date says:

Simone, sorry I’ve been MIA on your blog – had a major project at work, so I just took some time off from the online community.

Just want to say that this was one of my favourite posts from you – well written, straight to the point, and with a beautiful message. Keep up the amazing work!

Thank you everyone for the encouragement and support. It really does mean a lot.
    -You Make My Date,
    I’ve been MIA for much of that last week, too. I hope you were able to enjoy some of your MIA time.

9. Singletude: A Positive Blog for Singles says:

Those are awesome things to be thankful for! I’ll join you in thankfulness for all the really cool parts of being single!