- The way back to my heart is through my stomach. Candies, wining and dining, a special home-cooked meal, etc. Yep, that does the trick.
- Candy is nice, but I’m into jewelry and fancy cars. You think Kim from “The Real Housewives of Atlanta” takes Big Poppa back for less?
- It’s hard to admit when I’m wrong. If he wants to talk it out, I know he cares and that’s the only reason to stay together.
- I’m in it for the make-up sex. If he says sorry and flashes those puppy dog eyes, that’s good enough for me!
- Nothing. If I take him back, I’m lying down and giving up when I just need to move on.
- He has to do something super romantic, something so brag-worthy that Jennifer Aniston would want to star in the movie version of our love story.
And then this week they posted the results. They were a bit, um, disturbing (on their list of things that work – #6. Get way hotter. Shallow? Yes. Effective? Yes.). Maybe it’s just that I’m too old for this particular mag? Quite possibly.
Anyway, it’s a topic I’ve been giving a lot of thought to (for all of those obvious reasons). Once something is over, and you’ve decided it’s over because the person is not treating you well, or they have characteristics you can’t live with in a partner, why would you take them back? How could any gesture be grand enough? Any talk be honest and heartfelt enough? Isn’t this whole topic just a little bit masochistic?
Or maybe I need to get in touch with my inner romantic and (re)learn to believe in love and stuff?
Tags: ex-boyfriend, The Frisky