What a Mess

This morning I woke up and looked around my bedroom in disgust.  I couldn’t remember the last time it was such a mess: There’s a mountain of dirty laundry in the corner.  The under-the-bed storage boxes are in the middle of the room with the lids off from when I was looking for my warm cardigans the other day.  Clean clothes are stacked up on top of the dresser because I’ve been too busy to put them away.

This level of mess can only mean one thing – I’m not getting laid and I have no hopes of getting laid anytime soon.

It’s pretty hard to believe, looking at the mess of my bedroom, that I just had those promising dates with Mr. Nicepost 5 or 6 weeks ago.  Barely more than a month ago…

How quickly things change.  I’m too buy right now to be setting up new dates with new guys.  And the fuckbuddy has been out of town for so long I can’t remember the last time he was over.

And so I stopped cleaning my bedroom.  Silly, huh?  I don’t know.  Maybe I’ll find some time this weekend to do a massive clean up in there.  In the hopes of something good, in that department, happening soon.

No tags for this post.

12 to “What a Mess”

1. Stacy Geisinger says:

be a good girl and clean your room

2. AGirlNamedMe says:

Maybe you’re not getting any because your bedroom isn’t clean…rather than the other way around. Only the one way to find out. ;)

3. Erotic Music says:

I didn’t know that a dirty room necessarily meant no sex :)

4. Nancy@ifevolutionworks.com says:

I find the mess of my house diretly relates to my mood and what’s going on in my life. If I’m down…….my house is a mess. If I’m happy, house beautiful.

It’s just a phase :)

5. skye blue says:

RE: Erotic Music’s comment, what’s not to get. A messy room/space means you’re less likely to invite playmates into your budoir – which of course means no SEX.

6. BISCOCHO says:

my house is not just a mess but my love life is. i dont have any friends that i can vent to. are you willing to hear me out

Welcome to all the new folks here – Erotic Music, Nancy@ifevolutionworks.com, skye blue and BISCOCHO.
    -Stacy :-) oh how I wish being good had something to do with it.
    -AGirlNamedMe
    I never really thought of this as a chicken/egg situation. My tendency is to be neat. And I am only not neat when there is no possibility of sex…Could it be the other way….?
    -Erotic Music
    Yes, it most certainly does mean no sex.
    -Nancy
    There is definitely an emotional component to this, too. I really, REALLY don’t like being celibate. It doesn’t suit me. It makes me pretty blue, in fact. And my apartment shows it.
    -skye blue
    It’s a vicious cycle when you think about it. I stop cleaning become I’m sad about not getting any. And then I won’t invite anyone over because it’s messy :-(
    -BISCOCHO
    You’re always welcome to private message me here, if there’s something you’d like to talk about. The comments section is probably not the best place for long stories.

8. BISCOCHO says:

sorry

-BISCOCHO
    Absolutely nothing to apologize for.

10. Singlegal says:

I always wondered why I was so anal retentive about cleaning my room! I think you just nailed it for me (no pun intended). Gotta go make my bed! :-)

11. Jimmy Rice says:

Made me smile. My sheets only get cleaned when there is a prospect of getting laid.

12. periken says:

hilarious – my apt is small so easy to get disheveled which it is right now. HOWEVER, I much prefer to go to the guy’s place anyhow, so i can pick up and leave when I feel like it.
    It’s so much easier to bail then kick someone else when you want your own space back.