They say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, right? Well, my good friend Tom Miller aka Tomfoolery wrote a post the other day called 6 Quick Pick-Me-Ups for the Glum Guy and I’ve decided to flatter him in the sincerest way possible.
His 6 things were all non-sexual, btw, and so I’m going to stick to the same standard. Sorry, it’s not going to be one of those posts. Oh, and here’s my usual disclaimer – I do not pretend to speak for all women. I’m sure there are some women for whom these don’t apply. Get over it.
1. Shoulder rub. Show off your big, strong hands and give the woman in your life a 5 minute shoulder rub. Smiles will follow.
2. Run her a bubble bath. Sure, there are some anti-bath people out there (I’ll never get that) but most women enjoy a long luxurious bubble bath. Alone. Don’t try to climb in there and crowd the tub. Just make sure the tub is nice and clean, run the bath and light a few candles.
3. Suggest her favorite food for dinner. It doesn’t matter what it is- pizza, steak, bbq, sushi. She’ll just get off on the fact that you suggested her favorite.
4. Chocolate. I know, I know. What a stereotype. But if I’m glum and you want to cheer me up quick, without much effort and without spending much money, I’m gonna suggest a bar of good, dark chocolate (I’d go with a Green and Black Organic Chocolate with cherries). Mmmmmmmmm.
5. A “just because” card. Who ever thought of those was a freaking genius. Take a pretty picture, put it on a card, write “thinking of you” on the inside and sell it for $3 +. Absolute genius. But I love them. Sappy, I guess. But it works every time.
6. Dance with us. I like to dance. You wanna cheer me up – put on some music, pull me off the sofa and dance with me. Instant happy.
Tags: smile, tomfoolery, YourTango