No Match

As I mentioned last week, I decided it was time to give my and nerve profiles a rest.  At least for a little while.  In the meantime, I’m supposed to be making more of an effort to go out and meet new people (hard when you’re not feeling well, which was the case for several days last week, but I have high hopes and lots of plans for this week).

As luck would have it, I got an invitation for a free weekend on .com.  I’m guessing all of their inactive members did.  I’ve used in the past, a couple of times, but have never really been happy with them and so usually end up buying a months subscription and then cancelling.  I like to keep an open mind, though, and am always willing to admit when I was wrong.  I figured free was the perfect price at which to give them another shot.

It’s been less than 24 hrs and I can already see this heading nowhere.  NOWHERE.  It’s actually been kinda funny in that I’ve been getting the kind of messages that I always hear other women complaining about on Twitter/in their blogs.  Of the 18 guys who’ve contacted me so far, 5 of them are over my stated age range (which tops out at 50).  Two are too young (under 35, and honestly, I really think 35 is WAY too young for me). Another 4 of them are outside my desired geographic location.  Which leaves me with 7.  And they are…not inspiring.  So not.  In so many different and embarrassing ways.

I guess I’m just not a Match type of woman.  Which is so weird because so many other people swear by it.  Oh well.

Tags: , , ,

6 to “No Match”

1. Singlegal says:

Let’s see… did any of them tell you you are “kewl”, send graphic detailed picturesa of their facial hair, ask to “meat” you, or question if you’ve had similar alien abduction stories? If not, just wait.
    Truthfully, I haven’t tried Match yet. It’s next on my list. And trying it for free would be nice! Best of luck to you.

Dear Readers (I feel like I’ve had to say this way too many times lately),
    I’ve just had to delete a comment from some “anonymous” commenter. This person is not new t the blog. She was here a few months ago, ranting about how pathetic I was. And I told her to go away then. She’s back and I’ve put up with a days worth of her BS. And now I’m done.

This is my hobby folks. I don’t get paid to do it. In fact, it’s a net loss for me. But besides that, I can’t imagine why anyone (and this goes for many people, lately) would waste their time reading the blog of someone they claim to disrespect, and then waste more time writing ranting posts about how pathetic the author is.

This blog is here for the people who enjoy it. There are many who do. I’m grateful for that.

If you don’t respect me, my life, or what I write about you should GO AWAY, forever.

3. wwfchic says:

Go to a homeless shelter and volunteer – that’s what i did and now we’re engaged!

4. wwfchic says:

And re: your Anonymous – I had the same thing on my blog – drove me damn crazy!!!! Telling me I was a bad writer and all this crap. If you don’t like it – don’t read it!

wwfchic
    I’ve done a lot of volunteering over the years, and have worked alongside a lot of volunteers. Alas, usually most of the other volunteers are women.

6. Singletude: A Positive Blog for Singles says:

Hmm. You mentioned the guys who contacted you, but were you able to find any you wanted to contact yourself? I don’t usually have luck on Match–or anywhere really–with guys who contact me, but I have lots of luck when I’m the one doing the picking.

1 Trackbacks/Pingbacks