Looking Forward

It’s nearly the end of 2009.  We’re in the last quarter of the year, at any rate.  It’s hard for me to believe it, but it’s true.

And while I’ve been on a lots (and lots) of first dates this year, only a smattering of those turned into second dates.  And even fewer of those turned into 3rds.   All totalled, it’s been one of my least “successful” years ever.  Nothing even closely resembling a relationship has appeared on the horizon.

No, this isn’t a woe is me post.  I’m not particularly sad about all this.  I figure it’s just what was meant to be. I’m supposed to be single right now, so that I can be focusing on the other things I’m focusing on (and be there for my family when they need me and all that other stuff).

The funny thing about all of this, though, is that earlier today, I was actually looking forward to something I have planned in the near future.  A “going out to have fun” date with one of my guy friends.  I promised to take him out and help cheer him up (he’s got big, hard family stuff happening) and play wingwoman for him.  And heck, maybe in the the process I’ll meet some new guy for myself.

I guess what I’m saying is that even though I’ve had a year of crappy dating experiences I still like dating.  I like flirting with men and going out and letting myself that things could work out.  And I kinda think that the fact that I still have a positive attitude about the whole thing is worth a post.  At least.  I actually think it’s worth more than a post.  I think I deserve some kind of a prize or reward. Maybe some new red shoes.  But I don’t see that happening any time soon.

Tags: ,

7 to “Looking Forward”

1. lostplum says:

there is still lots of 2009 left! No worries :)

I’m not in the slightest bit worried. I’m looking forward to the rest of the year, and next year, however it works out.

3. Singlegal says:

I have found 2009 to be particularly rotten on the dating front but if I look at all that I’ve accomplished outside the dating vein, it’s pretty damn cool! Keep up that positive attitude and I think you’re idea of being a woman is a very intriguing one. Looking forward to that future blog post

4. bellaressa says:

I hope that 2010 is better for all of us.

5. drumdance says:

2009 has been a roller coast for me. A divorce, lots of dates, a couple of semi-serious relationships. But except for a depressing period early in the summer I’d say it’s been enjoyably memorable overall.

6. mn says:

I can’t believe that 2009 is almost at an end. I’m going through my little bummed mood but…::shrugs:: rather this than being miserable and attached. I have a little sliver of hope there.

mn – welcome to the blog. I try to believe that there is always hope. ALWAYS.
    bellaressa – I haven’t seen you in a while, I hope all is well and YES, let’s all hope for a wonderful 2010 (though it’s hard to believe that it’s already time for 2010).
    Singlegal – I love going out and trying to help my guy friends meet women. Is that weird, I wonder?
    drumdance – It’s good that you can bounce back and focus on the positive. A lot of people can’t.