He likes you*. Really, really likes you. You can’t ignore it any longer.
He’s such a nice guy, he is. He’s just not, um, attractive.
And this isn’t a case of all nice guys being unattractive (that’s so another post). No. It’s him. He’s unattractive. And oh, so, unsexy.
At first you thought you could just ignore it. Just keep it, “as friends” and ignore his little romantic overtures. But that’s so not going to work. Nope. He just keeps coming at you with bigger and goofier attempts to win your heart.
What’s a girl supposed to do?
- You could lie, tell him you’re seeing someone else. Of course, that has a tendency to backfire when you have mutual friends. Somehow the truth always comes out.
- You could tell him you’re done with men. All men. That you’re switching teams. Again, this can backfire if you have mutual friends.
- You could change the way you act towards him, be cold and bitchy in the hopes that it will drive him away. But depending on how deep his crush is, he might not even notice (plus, you’d feel guilty about the way you treated him).
- You could cut off all contact for a short while, in the hopes that when you resume contact his feelings will have changed.
- You could tell him you’re still getting over your last, devastating, breakup and that you’re not ready to date again. This works well, until you start dating someone else.
- You can set him up with a friend, someone you think he might hit it off with. If you successfully find him some other woman to date, he’ll stop obsessing about you.
- You can tell him how much you like him and value his friendship, but that you don’t feel “that way” about him. You know – BE HONEST. This is, by far, the most effective method, however, it’s frequently overlooked because it’s awkward and occasionally painful.
*Today’s post comes with an apology to writing teachers (and writers) everywhere. I was bored and this was my attempt to amuse myself.
Tags: apology, nice guy