Crashing the Cougar Convention

I found this on doubleX last night and had to watch it twice before I could figure out if what I was watching was real or satire (yeah, I can be pretty slow sometimes).

There are so many things I can say about this.  SO MANY.  But I’m going to choose to hold my tongue and instead ask a simple question.  Do you think the people on the video are being held up for ridicule? And if so, do you think they realize it?  ok, that’s 2 questions

Tags:

10 to “Crashing the Cougar Convention”

1. OpinionatedGift says:

Seems pretty respectful to me. No one seems to be made fun of here.

The women all make good points and I find it interesting that the younger men, being younger, make some points that have no logic.

The “they know what they want so there’s no bs” argument is like 1+1=6. LOL

2. DaveTheBrit says:

So I watched the video.
    Thought ok, seems ok.
    Googled “cougar”
    Rewatched the video, thought ahh now this makes sense.

3. TerrySimpson says:

horny young men wanting to get laid. Not surprising, not shocking– terribly silly

4. My Kafkaesque Life says:

If old men date younger women, why not the opposite?

@TerrySimpson, if you payed attention, the women are horny, too. So why not? What’s the big deal? It sounds even more honest than if it were a ‘Sugar daddy party’…

I guess it’s just me then. I thought it came of as condescending and sad. And, to My Kafkaesque Life”s comment, if they had a video of a “sugar daddy party” I think the response would be different.

6. Liverpool Girl says:

Simone-I have to say that I am with you. Condescending, sad, ridiculous…what is it with those ears for gods sake!!! ‘Grow old juicy and sexy’ what a quote – I simply cannot imagine ever saying it …. I must admit I’ve never laughed quite so much …. why need such a sad ass convention if that’s what you want to do, just bleedin well do it woman!!!! So sad. Good start to my weekend though.

7. onedatewonder says:

So, I’m excessively slow perhaps… that convention is REAL?

Regardless, I don’t think it was an innocent little video. It was full of subtle digs and ridicule in my eyes. Just look at the people they chose to show… cat ears, other crazy outfits, all of the closeups of rearends… I’m just sayin’.

8. dikke kus says:

Looks real enough to me. The women they showed weren’t prime examples though.

9. Singletude says:

Hmm. I didn’t get the satirical vibe, either, although I think many if not most documentaries and news features take a skeptical stance by default, which was what I sensed here, if anything.

I DID notice the unrealistic expectations that some of the commenters above picked out. While more experience CAN add up to a more definite idea of what someone wants, it doesn’t always. There are women (and men) who are capricious and fickle their whole lives. Age doesn’t protect anyone against that. On the other side, some of the women seemed to think the guys were in it for more than quick, no-strings sex. I’m sure some of them were hoping for full-fledged relationships, but I can’t believe a large number weren’t there for a romp in the sack.

Oh it was very real. Other mags wrote pieces about it, too.