I’ve been saving these up, collecting them, over time. Each was taken, verbatim from some guy’s profile (no, I’m not going to say which service). I chose these specific statements because they represent classic errors that I see all the time. And yeah, I know women make lots of errors in their profiles too, but some of these are very specific to guys.
- I’m too busy to fill this out now. I must’ve seen this at least 3 dozen times in the last few months. So a guy decides to do the online dating thing and doesn’t realize how time consuming it is to fill out a profile. I get it. The smart thing for him to do would be to hide his profile until the next day and then complete it. But I’ve seen guys keep the “I’m too busy” message up there for months. I guess they think it makes them look important? It doesn’t. It makes you look like a jerk. Same goes for guys who leave most everything blank.
- I don’t need to be here. I have no trouble meeting women Oh, YOU don’t need to be here. Unlike the rest of us who are all social misfits. A guy who trashes online dating in his online dating profile comes off as insecure.
- Please, no heavy baggage or unhealthy habits. But I thought all men were looking for self-destructive nutjobs? Seriously, putting this in your profile doesn’t chase those women away. It does, however, make you look less attractive.
- I AM EASY GOING, LAID BACK AND FUN LOVING. NOTHING SHOULD BE IN ALL CAPS. And could you sound more bland if you tried. Easy going, laid back and fun loving – just like everyone else…
- I am looking to meet someone serious, loyal and secure. So, please only e-mail me if you are interested in ME and not a free dinner. Um, perhaps this guy needs to take a break from online dating. He seems a little bitter.
Tags: Baggage, Bitter, Online dating, online dating profiles