Debunking Myths – 2 at a Time

Not too long ago I wrote a post about , or rather, about articles that claimed to debunk commonly held myths.  Now here I am attempting to do some debunking of my own.

Yesterday I read a couple of things that seemed to be predicated upon common misperceptions of what women do or don’t like.

Article #1: Ladies, Men Really Like A.M. Delight from (by my pal Tom Miller) in .  It starts off with this statement, “Women, on behalf of all men everywhere, we have a request: more unplanned morning sex.”  It’s a funny post.  Well done.  But it makes the assumption that women need some convincing as to the virtues of morning nooky (not to mention a quickguide).

I can’t speak for anyone other than myself, but I’m one lady (well, not so much a lady as a woman/girl/broad/female) who really likes good morning sex.  Likes, in that last statement, is an extreme understatement.

Article #2: How to Buy Your Lady A Vibrator from Asylum.  This article points out that many of the purchased in the US are bought by men for women, and proceeds to give advice on selecting an appropriate model.

Here’s the thing guys, if you’re married or in a long-term committed relationship then I think it’s absolutely cool to buy your woman a sex-toy (a vibrator or anything else that you think she may like).  But if your relationship isn’t there yet, then please think twice.  Again, I can’t speak for anyone but myself, but when a relationship is over, the acquired as gifts go out with the trash (or in one case got returned in the mail – don’t ask).  I’m not going to play with something you gave me after I purge you from my life.  Especially not with another guy.  That’s just seriously icky.   So vibes as a great gift idea, maybe not so much.

Your thoughts?

Tags: , , , , ,

10 to “Debunking Myths – 2 at a Time”

1. Anonymous says:

My current vibrator is the closest one they make to the one my college boyfriend bought me 10 years ago. Not the same one, but only because I’ve worn out a few in the intervening years. But then, the BF is only the second guy I’ve ever invited to join me in the fun (the one who bought me the vibrator was NOT the first).

2. iamalejandra says:

Oh man, I couldn’t think of anything more physically impossible than morning sex. I suffer from sleep disorders that leave me seriously incapacitated in the a.m. I mean it’s 12:43pm and I’m still not fully woken up. It takes me a good 2 hours to get over the muscle soreness I wake up with, so morning sex is a definitve no for me. Sorry boys!!

-Anonymous
    So I’m guessing you don’t believe in chucking the vibes when you chuck the boyfriend? Maybe this isn’t universal. Well, heck, as long as you’re having fun. And it certainly sounds like you’re having fun.
    -iamalejandra
    Ugh, that sounds unpleasant. Missing out on morning sex is a lousy side effect to what has already gotta be a sucky disorder. Morning sex rocks.

4. starangel82 says:

I can count on one hand the times I’ve had morning sex. I’m not a fan. I’m not a morning person. I really don’t want to be spoken to for at least 30 minutes after waking. Yeah, I’m just that cranky.

5. drumdance says:

+1 for morning sex. I did it today. :)

6. jenmata says:

I’m completely on board the morning nooky train. Sign me up any morning of the week!

7. jenmata says:

And I’m not a morning person at all, but for sex, I’ll wake up!

So I guess we can say this isn’t a gender dependent trait. I’m with you jenmata, so not a morning person, but for sex I’ll wake up at the crack of dawn.

9. Sex Toys, Adam & Eve says:

It is definitely important to know when it’s appropriate to buy your partner a sex toy and when it is not! It tends to be a sensitive issue, to be handled with care ;)

10. Vibrators says:

Are massagers and vibrators the same thing? I mean the function …….