Early Next Week?

I’m going to be sitting home tonight.  Or maybe not.  Maybe I’ll head out and do something with a friend.  What I won’t be is out on a date.

Even though I thought I had one for tonight.  Or maybe it was last night?

Late last week I received a text from the guy I went out with a couple of days earlier but wasn’t sure about (we had fun, but I was thinking he wasn’t a good match).  He said/wrote that he enjoyed meeting me and wanted to take me to dinner “early next week”.  I didn’t reply right away.  I’m not a big fan of and don’t tend to jump to attention when I receive them from men.  Plus, I wasn’t sure what I wanted to do (go or not go, I was still on the fence).

About a half hour later I received the same message in an email (which I prefer).  And I decided that sure, why not.  So I replied that, yes, I’d like to go to dinner with him “early next week”.  He replied wih a simple, “great” or something like that.  No plans.  That was Friday.  And this is Tuesday.  I have not contacted him and he has not contacted me.

I’m annoyed because I left last night and tonight open for him, as I wasn’t sure when we’d be going out.  And now, if I were to hear from him, as far as I’m concerned it’s too late.  Sorry, but it is.  Call me rigid, but that’s just the way I am.

That’s cool.  I have several other dates this week + the fb is back in town.  Who needs that guy?

Tags: , ,

6 to “Early Next Week?”

1. bobmatnyc says:

No kidding. Lame. Who says “early next week” on a Friday anyway? Seems like a major case of wishy-washiness.

2. Anonymous says:

Sounds like he just wanted to hear that you would go out with him again.

3. Miss Pink Slip says:

That sucks! Sadly, I’ve had that happen many times myself, and I think it’s a casualty of online dating. It’s just too damn easy for them to hide out and/or go away. Pansies!

4. OpinionatedGift says:

WTF. Pick a date dude!

5. drumdance says:

You folks crack me up with all the tea leave reading. How about responding with “I’m only free Tuesday, does that work? Let me know because I may have something else that night.” That way you can pin him down and also show that you have a full calendar. Then there’s no more worrying about what his intention is. You’ve made it into a simple yes/no with the default being no.

-bobmatnyc
    Wishy washy? Yeah. Probably. And rude.
    -Anonymous
    I’d buy that. Maybe just wanted the external validation. But then why text and email?
    -Miss Pink Slip
    It does suck and it’s really silly. Especially as this is the guy who disappeared and then reappeared as enthusiastic as a puppy dog. Dude, if you’re not interested then just don’t ask.
    -OpinionatedGift
    WTF? – exactly
    -drumdance
    That could have been a good strategy to nail him down. The next time a guy gives me a really flaky invite, I’ll consider doing that. In this case, I wasn’t all that sure I wanted to see him again, and so he’s made it a lot easier for me. I don’t.