An Experiment

I’m not bragging, but I do look pretty damn good for my age.  I get hit on by younger guys all the time.  And it’s not because I’m smoking hot (I’m not).  I’m an attractive women who happens to look about 10 years younger than she is.

Anyway, I have this habit of bringing up my age pretty quickly in these situations.  It happened twice last week.  I was out (at a bar, at a party) and some youngish guy started to talk to me.  And each time I found a way, pretty quickly, to bring up my age and the fact that I was much older than he thought I was.   I guess it’s my way of saying, “I’m sure you’re a very nice young man, but I’m too old for you, now scoot”.

I’ve decided to not do that.  To not bring up my age.  At least for the next couple of weeks.  I want to see what happens if I don’t say anything to anyone about my age.  I mean, really, would it kill me to flirt with a youngin for a while?  Maybe there’s a 30 year old out there who’s really got his shit together and will impress the heck out of me.  Or maybe one of these boys has got a totally hot older friend for me.

If nothing else, I might just enjoy the .  Sometimes I forget that it can be fun to just flirt for the sake of .

Tags: ,

14 to “An Experiment”

1. lostplum says:

I’m soo happy you are going to do this! Because like you have said to me “you never know”
    Now granted I’m not saying you should flirt with the 22 year olds, but! I look forward to reading (hearing) about how this works out!

2. TerrySimpson says:

ah this is how we see the start of a Cougar!

3. cjw666 says:

Somehow I don’t think you’d enjoy the 20 somethings all that much (you’re too grown up, honey), but I do think age is largely just a number. So go for it girl! And yes, I totally agree, flirting is sometimes fun, just for the hell of it and as an end in itself.

-lostplum
    I’ll keep ya posted. If nothing else, it’ll be different.
    -TerrySimpson
    Oh, I seriously doubt I’ll ever become a cougar.
    -cjw666
    I’m not thinking I would like the 20somethings. But then, I’m not going to mention ago, and so I won’t know who’s 20 something and who isn’t. Hmmm.

5. Alicewillbe says:

Nothing wrong with cougars!

6. sparklytosingle says:

It might be interesting to see what kind of results you get when age is not a factor in who you are flirting & interacting with. Keep us posted on if you notice any differences!

7. jenmata says:

I like this experiment, you never know what might come out of it. I have a friend who is 8 years older than her husband. He was 27 and she was 35 when they meet. They’ve been together ever since.

8. alfabeta says:

Go for it, girl! There is nothing wrong with dating a younger guy – when all requirements are met!

9. Nandoism says:

Girl, do you hate Superman because he can see through walls? I didn’t think so. This is YOUR superpower! Work it….I this Mexican had one….so you owe it to us all!

10. KB_in_NYC says:

When I was in my late 20′s I used to get such a kick out of telling young boys that I was 21. You could see they we’re kind of thrown by it because I was just way too confident to be that young. Oh, it was such fun. I loved pretending I was 21.

Don’t get stuck on the age thing. You are beyond fabulous Miss. G!

-Alicewillbe
    No, I’ve never meant to imply that there was anything wrong with cougars. I’ve just always dated a little older, and so it’s weird for me to flirt with younger guys.
    -sparklytosingle
    Yes. It will certainly be interesting and I am planning on writing about it every step of the way:-)
    -jenmata
    I also know some couple where the husband is much younger than the wife and it’s never seemed strange to them. Hmmm.
    -alfabeta
    Exactly, I’m not abandoning my list. Just not mentioning age for a while.
    -Nandoism
    I never really thought of this as my superpower, but maybe I should (or at least I can add this to my list of superpowers).
    -KB_in_NYC
    Thanks doll. I’m just going to see if I can avoid the age talk altogether. We’ll see how many youngins I can chat up when we go out this week.

12. Veka says:

My mom is 5.5 years older than my dad :)

13. NoBSWoman says:

I’ve dated up to 15 years younger. There’s a few things to be said for younger guys. Less baggage. More enthusiasm. More…ahem…energy. And, let’s face it, they’re just frikken adorable.

The downsides are the usual common to men of all ages: not ready to settle down, or conversely, wanting to settle down and have 8 kids (not an option at my age unless I become one of those IVF multiples freak-shows.)

-Veka
    Hmm. Very interesting..
    -NoBSWoman
    15 years? I guess I don’t get the adorable thing. But I could, I’m sure. I’ve done 6 or 7 yrs younger and honestly he grated on my nerves. But everyone is different.