Earlier this week I told you about that Dating Boot Camp I attended and the list they had of Things Men Won’t Tell You. It got me to thinking of all of the things that I haven’t told men over the years, but wished they knew. You know, the stuff that would actually make them smarter and our relationships potentially more functional.
I’ve titled this, “7 Things Women Won’t Tell Men”, because I am a woman. I know that, of course, I don’t speak for all women and that, in fact, there are women who won’t agree with me on some or all of these. So please women, chime in and correct me in the comments.
1) If I have to tell you what I want I won’t want it anymore. No, I’m not looking for a mind reader. But if I constantly have to be the one who’s always deciding where to go and what to do, and always telling you what pleases me (because otherwise you’re utterly clueless) I will be completely turned off.
2) I will be offended if you focus too much on my looks.
3) I will be offended if you don’t acknowledge my looks regularly. And yes, I can see how numbers 2 and 3 don’t leave a guy much room to get things right. Sucks.
4) I don’t want to do the whole ‘meet your friends thing’ unless we have some potential for working out. Otherwise it just seems a little bit too much like being trotted out as the flavor of the month.
5) I’m pretty open-minded. If there’s some kink or quirk that you’re waiting 2 or 3 months to tell me, please don’t wait. What a waste of time. Can’t we please just get that stuff out in the open right away? What’s the worst that can happen – I break things off? My reaction isn’t going to be different in 3 months. And who knows, things could work out better than you ever expected. Why wait to find out?
6) There is no gift big enough to make me forget the lie you told. I might forgive you, but I’ll never forget. Please don’t assume that because you can buy me an expensive, “I’m sorry” gift that you can get away with treating me poorly. Your gifts really do mean nothing to me.
Tags: dating bootcamp, kinky, liar, marriage, men, monogamy