Go Ahead, Deny It

I’ve frequently been told, by guys, that guys are simple.  That women over-complicate things and if we could just remember that guys are simple, that they say what they want and mean what they say (and all that crap) then the world of dating and relationships would all be a lot easier.

And I’ve repeated this.  Thinking it sage advice.  Well, I think I’ve found the rebuttal to that argument.  And a damn fine rebuttal indeed.  It seems there’s an argument to be made for guys being complex creatures with conflicting motives and desires.

This is one of those things that’s best seen firsthand.  The video is called, What Would Penis Do and it’s part of series called Tales of Mere Existence by Levni Yilmaz.  Thanks to Susan Walsh for initially posting the link to this video.

Go Ahead, Deny It just a story  button1 addthis

Tags:

8 to “Go Ahead, Deny It”

1. SpikeTheLobster says:

I’ll be the first: I deny it. :)

Beautifully created, funny and very well-narrated video, but I’m afraid it only speaks for that (admittedly annoyingly large) percentage of males who actually do stuff like talking about sexual prowess in the locker room. As such, it’s just perpetuating a stereotype that I, personally, have no part in – I’ve never talked about ANY sexual encounter with any other guy, for example. Ever. No more than some women have sat around discussing relative penis sizes over dinner.

Treated as humour, it’s brilliant. Taken seriously, it’s annoying (and potentially offensive, though you’d have to be some kind of militant… er… what’s the male version of feminist?).

I’ll treat it as humour and have a good laugh!!

2. Hammer86 says:

This video is on point, Spike you’re just too insecure to admit it. That said, it still seems like men are pretty simple to me. Where’s the complexity?

3. SpikeTheLobster says:

“Spike you’re just too insecure to admit it” – funny, that’s what everyone says when I say I’m not like the tedious male stereotype. Funnier still, how wrong they are. :)

4. SINgleGIRL says:

-SpikeTheLobster
    Just like there is no one female psyche, I know there is no one male psyche. I’m sure there are many guys for whom this video on point. I believe you completely when you say it doesn’t hold true for you and that it has nothing to do with insecurity.
    -Hammer86
    It’s a funny video. A joke. Haha. Do men under a certain not understand irony?

5. SpikeTheLobster says:

Irony.. is that where you use a hot thing to flatten the creases out of clothes?
    Egad, I need to sleep.

6. SINgleGIRL says:

Damn, I’ve just realized the giant typo in my comment (yes, I know my comments are frequently riddles with typos). That should say, “under a certain age”. And Spike, you should be asleep by now. It’s LATE on your side of the Atlantic.

7. Serial Sinner says:

Hi there. I have following your blog for a couple of months, and it took this post to make me comment.

I found the post very entertaining and, for the most part, I’d say pretty accurate. If we approach relationships from an evolutionary perspective, many things start to make sense. And the “phenomenon” of Penises taking control over the mind of men is not a surprise at all.

Everything points out to, evolutionarily speaking, men being hardwired to mate as much as possible. Proof of this would be the constant fertility translated into high sperm count and production. Not to mention the fact that many hump at anything that moves.

But sometimes we are not that basic. I would think that men are always (probably unconsciously) making a cost/benefit analysis where, if the mind and the heart have a lot to lose, they might overpower the penis. That’s why some can still mange to withstand monogamy. And I’m sure the same applies to women as well.

However, if a normal man has weak or no mind /heart connections to break, the penis will probably be unleashed, many times to the horror of it’s owner.

Women have it tougher than men though. Evolutionarily speaking, they had much more to lose than men when mating (the male could leave anytime putting the woman and baby in serious risk). This very likely made women evolve to be pickier and savvier than men in their choices.

Because of the above, I would argue that modern women tend to be pickier (and therefore more complicated) in their relationships than men. An example of this would be to ask the following question: “what makes a normal woman/man happy?”

We have to accept that the answer to the first question is rarely simple.

We also have to accept that the answer to the second question is usually simple: a steak and a bj.

8. SINgleGIRL says:

-Serial Sinner
    Welcome to the blog. Who knew we’d get such a complex analysis of sexuality, gender and happiness from, “What would Penis do?”

I don’t know about “normal” women, but give me good sex and some french fries (preferably from the Belgian place on 2nd Ave, but I will accept substitutes) and I’m pretty damn happy.