Rolling With It

I have a couple of first dates lined up this week and then another one for the weekend.  I’ve been communicating with all of these guys for a couple of weeks, at least.  I haven’t exactly been dragging things out, I just wasn’t really in the mood to go on more than one date last week.

Anyway, tomorrow  night’s day is pulling this, “where do you want to go?” shit.  I hate it.  He’s a grown man.  He asked me out.  In fact, he asked me out several times and kept asking until I was available.  And now that I gave him an opening he says, “just tell me where and when”.   He asked, he should tell me.

I’m annoyed. But I’ve decided to roll with it.  This doesn’t negate any of the other things I like about him.  And who knows, maybe there’s some moronic dating expert out there telling guys that women like to pick the place?  Anyway, I’ve decided to give him the benefit of the doubt and tell him to meet me at one of my favorite places, someplace completely convenient for me at a time that’s good for me because that’s what you get when you’re too lame to make a plan.  And who knows, it could be an amazing date despite his lameness.

Tags:

7 to “Rolling With It”

1. Anonymous says:

That’s lame. What a wuss bag. Guys should be the decision makers

2. recklessstudio says:

I have to agree. We’ve talked about this MANY times. If you ask, you plan. It’s as simple as that. I commend you for passing judgment and seeing him anyway.

3. AlishaD says:

To anonymous – I hope that’s sarcasm and not something you live by?

4. SINgleGIRL says:

-Anonymous
    While I find this situation lame, I don’t agree that guys should always be the decision makers. Like recklesstudio, I think that the person who does the asking should do the planning (not rocket science).
    -AlishaD
    Welcome to the blog!

5. Shannia says:

There just might be a dating guru out there telling guys to let the women take the decisions.. and since you picked the place, you know you’ll enjoy that much ;) have fun!!

6. SINgleGIRL says:

-Shannia
    Thanks darling. He really does seem to be a decent guy and I’m planning on having fun (even if he turns out to be lame).

7. SeanD says:

It’s a tough one. From a planning perspective, there are a number of different factors… and I think it is considerate to give the other person a choice – perhaps this is a sign of being open? But then there’s a balance between “you choose”… “no, you choose”… etc., etc.

However, I do agree that if I was asking somebody out on a date, while I would offer the choice of location, I would have somewhere (and alternatives) in mind. Having said that, if he hasn’t been able to plan something for tomorrow then that is extremely poor… but since you’ve picked the place, keep an open mind as you now have one less thing to think about!

… oh, I hope it goes well… good luck!