Brain Damage

All day long I’ve been screwing up meeting and appointments.  Pretty much since the first thing this morning. I just couldn’t wrap my head around the fact that today was the 8th (Well, as I probably won’t get this out til the 9th, technically, yesterday was the 8th.). Anyway…

I thought I’d survived the day without doing too much damage (although I did have a drs appt this afternoon, that I almost missed – and while I’m doing a bit better my doc wants me to make another big change in my diet which is going to turn me into a cranky bitch for the next few weeks, oh goodie).  I got home a little early this evening and was looking forward to a productive night in front of the laptop.

Then, I got a lovely little surprise via email.  One of my fuckbuddies sent a message asking about my whereabouts.  Yes, I said one of.  I have more than one, technically, though only one is in active rotation.  And even he isn’t all that active nowadays.

As I’m sure I’ve moaned about before, it’s been a little bit too long since the last time I had (The Musician doesn’t count).  My and I have been trying to get together for the last couple of months.  We keep making plans and then things keep getting in the way (, , family, ).  So while I’m sure there might be some (uptight, ) women who’d be insulted upon receiving an email from a guy they’ve known for years saying, essentially, “hey, I have a few free hours tonight and would love to come over and fuck,” I was delighted.

And I was delighted.

Hours later, after he left and I’d showered and had a big yummy dinner, someone on Twitter asked me about the Matchmaker Book Talk thing I was supposed to go to tonight. I’d tweeted about it earlier today, that I was planning on going and writing about it.  But somehow I’d gotten the dates all screwed up.  I thought it was tomorrow night.  So I was having sex while I was supposed to be listening to some tell me everything I’ve been doing wrong for the last couple of decades.

Oh, well. I think I needed the sex a lot more than I needed the lecture.

Tags: , , , , ,

13 to “Brain Damage”

1. SpikeTheLobster says:

“I was having sex while I was supposed to be listening to some matchmaker tell me everything I’ve been doing wrong for the last couple of decades.” – That sounds rather like life trying to tell you something about your priorities and what’s really important. Screw (not literally) the experts, you were doing something far sweatier and more interesting! :)

2. Singlegal says:

LOVE IT! Tee hee… the Musician doesn’t count. I like how that works! And FBs are fun ….

3. starangel82 says:

:) is all I’m saying.

4. bellaressa says:

Sounds very productive to me.

5. BadenLink says:

You made the right choice! A good fuck buddy sex session (which I hope it was good for you) when a person has not had sex in a while (which for me is a week) can over ride many other appointments.

6. Susan Mercedes says:

Great example of “ignorance is bliss”. According to the Urban Dictionary: The lack of knowlege to a situation. Usually once the whole truth is revealed you realize you were happier being clueless.

7. Shannia says:

someone must be all smiles today,,,, :)

8. queenieNYC says:

Oh, man, this made my morning!

(And, BTW, glad you’re feeling a bit better, and I am really sorry that you have to do something that’s going to make you cranky.)

9. flipper7809 says:

Hilarious! So tempted to call my potential new fb tonight – I know he’s free :)

10. SINgleGIRL says:

I’m so glad you approve :-) I cannot tell a lie. I’ve been smiling since I woke up this morning.
    And thx queenieNYC – yeah, it’s so nice to be feeling better but the foodie in me does not like being told what not to eat. Seems so wrong. Maybe I can start substituting sex for food?

11. aGirlNamedMe says:

I was surprised when I saw you were going to the lecture yesterday — seems like you could *give* the lecture!

Sex as a substitute for food…been there, doing that!

xoxo
    AGirlNamedMe

12. Shannia says:

I am mostly doing food as a substitute for sex…lol not as fun. I am however going to a singles happy hour tonite organized by a friend, should be fun.

13. SINgleGIRL says:

-AGirlNamedMe
    You’re making us all jealous. I’ve been ODing on Easter candy lately. Maybe this will change the tide. *fingers crossed*
    -Shannia
    I’m sending good, lucky thoughts your way.