Hurray It’s Spring

It snowed here in NYC on the first day of spring.  Not a good snow, just some flurries.  But now it’s just a few days later and spring is in the air.  I’m so happy about that.  I want to spend more time outdoors.

I love outdoor dates. I like walking in the park (Riverside, Central, Hudson River, Prospect – I’m not picky, name your park) with a date and just talking or meeting at an outdoor cafe for or or .

There are a lot of fabulous outdoor bars in Manhattan.  I used to be partial to the Pen-Top at the Penisula Hotel (it was the un-hotel bar) but that’s closed now.  I’m not sure I want to try the place they replaced it with.  This just seems to be one of those cases where they made a change for changes sake.  I also like The Park, down on 10th Ave, but that can be a bit of a zoo on hot summer nights.  I like it best in the spring and the autumn, just when it’s starting to get nice enough to be out.  And, of course, there’s the rooftop of the Met.  That’ll always be one of my favorite date spots.  Talk about a view!

If I were a guy, I’d really push for outdoor dates in the warm weather.  The way I see it, seeing a chick in bright sunlight is the closest you’re going to get to seeing what she looks like when she wakes up in the morning until you’re lucky enough to get to sleep with her.

Tags: , , , ,

8 to “Hurray It’s Spring”

1. Anonymous says:

Love when the weather gets nice! I was at the 235th club for the 4th of July and the view was fantastic!

2. Anonymous says:

Above comment was me Bobbyboy :)

3. derek7272 says:

Okay, I haven’t been outside yet today (I work weird hours and today is my day off) but my thermometer is saying it’s 30 degrees out…

4. A British Guy says:

For the past week, we have been so fortunate to have fantastic Spring weather here in London. So, taking this in to account, Saturday’s date (number two/three and four all rolled in to one) was indeed spent outside — wondering the art district along the river, up to an est. gallery bar ( overlooking the rooftops back to Westminster), then dinner and drinks on an open roof-top until the early hours. A fantastic day — still on cloud nine (partly because of the weather :-)). Obviously a massive outdoor date kinda guy. Well I am now…

5. starangel82 says:

Spring came rushing in here a few days ago… beautiful, 70-degree weather then a cold front moved through and we are back to chilly mornings and semi-decent afternoons. Sigh.

6. Missaup says:

I would love to have a date outside, especially when the weather is not too hot yet not too cold…

7. SINgleGIRL says:

-bobbyboy
    hmmm – why are you signing in an anonymous? You can use the new comment form to create links to your website if you want to, fyi. Anyway, I’m always happy to hear from you, in any context.
    -derek7272,
    You caught me. I frequently prewrite my posts and then you the little timer thing to have them post at a specific time/day – especially the Best Date Spots (my Monday posts) and polls (my new Wednesday feature). It was warmer when I wrote thing and I couldn’t imagine at that moment that it might get cold again. DAMN this weather. Damnit, damnit, damnit. I want to take a walk in the park with a great guy by my side. Maybe I should try that power of positive thinking stuff.
    -starangel82
    Yes. *sigh*
    -Missaup
    Welcome to the blog. Let’s both send good thoughts into the universe and maybe we’ll get our wishes.

8. WiiAdam says:

I’m soOOOO looking forward to warm days & nights! It’s chilly out there today..Wind!

The roof-top of the Met sounds like a good destination.
    Oh, the morning awaits!