Maybe I Should Start A Business?

Below are a few more of the brilliant messages I’ve received from guys on :

• Could i copy some of your profile? i like yours mine sux
  • write me if I fit your profile… don’t waste my time neither…
  • I’m looking for a pretty woman who looks kinda like you. I think you may like me for the intelligence factor. I’m very smart. I think you could be interested in me for a long time.

Those were nowhere near the worst of the lot.  They just happened to be at the top of the inbox.

I think I’ve had enough.  I gave it a few weeks.  I tried.  But that is just not the site for me.  Maybe I’m a snob, but I don’t think that’s it.  I just never (ever) got messages this lame on .  And believe me, I got some seriously lameass messages there.  But at least those guys seemed to be trying.  If these guys are trying, well, then maybe I should go into business.  Because they need some professional help.

Tags: , ,

16 to “Maybe I Should Start A Business?”

1. SpikeTheLobster says:

Eek, that’s scary. Maybe you *should* start a business – I mean, there’s about a million companies who help bad writers produce their marketing text, so why not have one for saddo incompetents who can’t communicate on possibly THE most important message they’ll send? Talk about messing up the first impression…!!

2. PiscesInPurple says:

Definitely start a business. These guys NEED a Cyrano.

3. Jane Wonder says:

Ack, don’t help them trap unsuspecting women! We would get lulled into accepting dates with these folks only to find out that they are not living up to their ads. Save women everywhere and let them be themselves! Don’t lure us into even more bad dates!

4. PiscesInPurple says:

Ha! Excellent point!

5. jenmata says:

You know what? I’m starting to think POF isn’t for me either, although last night I got (finally) an interesting message. I’ll give that last guy a chance and then close shop. I don’t care if I’m judged or called a snob, but really WTH?

6. Alex Shalman says:

I don’t mean to self-plug here…. BUT… I did write a book titled How To Get a Girlfriend that teaches both men AND women how to prepare themselves to enter the right relationship. Perhaps this will get them into the right-mindset, and they’ll become more eligible bachelors? ;)

7. SINgleGIRL says:

-SpikeTheLobster,
    That’s it, isn’t it? They are completely blowing the first impression. Why would anyone even bother reading their profiles with messages like these. Sheesh.
    -PiscesinPurple
    A Cyrano – I love it.
    -Jane Wonder
    So glad you were able to finally join the conversation!! Yes, I know. Aiding them would be like perpetrating a fraud. But maybe some of these are decent men? Maybe?
    -jenmata
    I’m glad to hear it’s not just me. I wonder what it is about the site that attracts such laziness and lack of care? The demographic isn’t that different than other sites. Hmmm.
    -Alex Shalman
    I’m sure that at the very least a read through your book couldn’t hurt. But these guys don’t seem to be willing to make an effort to use spellcheck, so I don’t see how they’re going to make an effort to read a book.

8. bellaressa says:

I think it’s worth a try, if it’s truly what you want to do give it a try. If your blog is great example and I think you would fabulous at it.

9. SINgleGIRL says:

-bellaressa
    I don’t know if I’m serious or not. I just can’t help see the obvious potential for making some extra money. :-)

10. SINgleGIRL says:

-bellaressa
    PS – Thank YOU!!

11. queenie_nyc says:

Oh, me, too! Plenty of Fish is downright terrible. TERRIBLE.

12. SINgleGIRL says:

-queenie_nyc
    Well, I killed my profile last night. I couldn’t take another day of it.

13. bellaressa says:

It’s always hard to take stock of yourself and SG, I think you do it very well.

14. SINgleGIRL says:

-bellaressa
    That’s probably the nicest thing anyone’s said to me in ages, and I mean that most sincerely. Thank you.

15. derek7272 says:

What are some of the better messages you’ve gotten? Care to share?

16. SINgleGIRL says:

-derek7272
    That’s a great question. Unfortunately I don’t feel comfortable sharing those as they tend to be tailored to my profile which is very specific to me. The best messages, I feel, always refer to something I’ve written. A place, a hobby, music, a book, a sport – something.