A while ago I wrote a post in which I tried to sum up some of what I was looking for in a man. Not the deep, meaningful stuff, but rather the more banal bits. The “type” of guy (looks, hobbies, habits, likely professions, etc). It might have been a bad idea to do so as I took a lot of shit for it. But I was just trying to answer a question I was getting over and over, “What are you looking for?”.
Anyway, in response to that post I promised to write a follow-up, “Why would anyone want to date me” or “What do I have to offer”. This is going to be tricky for me, as I desperately want to maintain my anonymity. Therefore I am going to be very fuzzy about some details. It is what it is (note – this is nothing like my online dating profile, which has actual details).
- 38. Never married. No kids. No pets. No sexual hang ups.
- 5′ and just barely over 100 lbs (for more details on that type HNT in my site’s search box or heck just look at my header – that’s my body).
- NYC area native. Have lived in Manhattan for most of the last 16 yrs. Lived briefly in the UK, still have strong ties there. Travelled a bit – more extensively than some, not as much as others. Spent a couple months last year out of the country (not in Europe). Would take off again tomorrow if circumstances permitted.
- Masters Degree from an Ivy League University. Subject shows me to be an officially good person.
- Loves to cook and eat. An extension of my firm belief in hedonism – life is meant to be enjoyed, thoroughly!
- Will never ask a man to go shopping with me. Loathe shopping.
- Musical tastes are all over the place but jazz and old school punk both have special places in my heart. A guy who’s looking for someone to go out to music clubs with him would be very happy.
- Doesn’t wear much make-up. Gets ready quickly in the morning. Not a mirror hog.
- Extraordinarily self suffiicient. Can fix stuff around the apartment, take care of her own stuff. Doesn’t need a man to come rescue her.
- Can dance (salsa, merengue – seriously!). Cannot sing.
- Has some very pretty lingerie and a small collection of little black dresses.
OK, that’s about as much of this as I can stand. You know what, I think this is officially my least favorite post ever.
Tags: Online dating