Let the Games Begin (More Online Dating)

I registered with last night.  Now that’s a different site. I don’t dislike it.  Not yet. There are just SO many men registered there, I find it hard to believe there’s no one there for me. And in fact, I did a little browsing and favorited 3 guys (out of the several hundred I looked through, and the several hundred were just a small fraction of those that came up in my search).  One of the 3 I favorited emailed me this morning and so we’re off to a good start.

But holy losers, batman.  I’ve been bombarded by semi-literate, single-line emails by losers from all over the tri-state area.  I’m astounded at just how many of them.  But then, I’m fresh meat and they’ve probably already tried all 5 thousand other chicks in the area.

Tags: ,

6 to “Let the Games Begin (More Online Dating)”

1. Alex Shalman says:

You can’t hate on them for trying though.

2. Hypatia says:

Oh gawed, POF is THE WORST. Never had a decent date come out of that one. Semi-literate is right. All of the guys I agreed to meet from POF were total flakes, rednecks, or otherwise losers.

For a free site I’ve found OKCupid is a bit better…

Part of me thinks that’s why all of the guys I met on Eharmony were a bit above average (to the point where I still hang out with some of them.) There are so many hoops and hurdles to get through on eharmony it weeds out the real morons.

3. Fabulously Broke says:

Well, good luck anyway, PoF was tried by one of my girlfriends here and she found it “ok”

4. bobbyjensen says:

POF has been one of the free sites I tell people to check out. I know a few ladies that are on there and know their sincerity (I guess now I can say SG as well). This also tells me that there must be gents who are sincere as well. I have been a member there for a while and see that they also have get- togethers. Although I’m not there for dating, I believe that many are. Good luck SG!

5. SINgleGIRL says:

-Alex Shalman,
    Hmm. I think I can “hate on them” because I don’t think they’re really trying. Sending me a message that says, “i think your a hotty” With the I not capitalize and you’re spelled your is not trying. There is no thought or effort put into that. That takes 5 seconds of their time. If they were really trying would take a minute and write a couple of seconds in response to something I wrote in my profile. That’s trying. “i think your a hotty” is just taking pot shots all over the place hoping to hit something. And I guess there’s some woman, somewhere who is desperate enough for the attention that she’ll answer.
    -Hypatia
    Well, since Friday night I’ve received about 30 messages and have replied to 2 of them. The rest were laughable. I was sad that there didn’t seem to be anyone one OKCupid for me as I did like the look and feel of the site. But I’m looking for someone over 40 and that just isn’t their demographic.
    -Fabulously Broke,
    Well, I’ll keep you posted. Right now I’d agree with your friend.
    -bobbyjensen,
    Oh gosh, you’re there. I wonder if we’ll bump into one another. That’s be funny!

6. bobbyjensen says:

lol SG, I probably would come up in one of your searches. Don’t forget to say hello ;)