Not Quite Saturday

I usually try to post this stuff on Saturdays, but I was too excited to wait another day.  Plus, it’s just nice to have something positive to think/write about.

Sex, Lies and Dating in the City has now been added to Alltop.  You may have already noticed the cute little badge I posted over there on the right.  I think that’s kind of cool, as I haven’t even been at this new url for 3 months yet.  I still feel like I’m just moving in and getting settled (I can visualize the virtual boxes lurking in the corners, waiting to be unpacked).

Also, and here’s the bigger news, I’m going to be blogging on a somewhat regular basis over at this cool site called VinVillage. I really like their concept.  They’re an online community for wine lovers, but also more than that.  If you like wine, and you’re over the age of 21, you should check them out.

I’ll be home tonight (Friday *gasp*).  My big plans are to spend the night signing up for at least 2 new services.  If you have any strong feelings as to which you’d like me to try, let me know.  I’m even considering giving MyTweetheart a try, but probably not as everyone on knows my deal and I can’t imagine dating someone who knows I’m SINgleGIRL.

Tags: ,

7 to “Not Quite Saturday”

1. Alex Shalman says:

I met 3 dates online, like 6 years ago, before everyone was doing it. Never really had a good date out of it, and the people never resembled anything close to what I thought they would be like.

Being introduced by friends you trust to know what you like has always worked for me, among other things. I wish you good luck though.

2. FitDarcie says:

Congrats on all you got going on Singlegirl!

3. SINgleGIRL says:

-FitDarcie
    Thanks so much, darling. I’m trying as hard as I can.
    -Alex Shalman,
    I agree that it’s great when you can be introduced to people by mutual friends. I just don’t see it as an either or. Yes, lots of my online dates have been an absolute waste of time. But I’ve also met my last, umm, oh gosh I can’t think of the number right now but I’m going to say 5, boyfriends online. Not to mention lots of other guys who I dated for a while and who never turned into bfs. Those relationships all eventually failed but not because of how I met them. However, you just reminded me of something.

4. bobbyjensen says:

Congrats Sg! My fortune telling abilities are really kicking in with your upcoming success. Yes, I said upcoming success. Don’t be too shy about people finding out who you are, not when it can help you in a career as I believe it will.

5. SINgleGIRL says:

-bobbyjensen,
    Thanks, as always for your support. As you know, this is all still new to me. But I do know that without my anonymity I couldn’t really be SINgleGIRL (couldn’t date and write about it).

6. bobbyjensen says:

You’re welcome SG. I agree about anonymity with this blog, even if not total anonymity. I was talking about more online business type ventures, or better yet, expansion to other endeavors from this blog.

7. PiscesInPurple says:

That’s so cool! Congratulations!