SO Moving On

So I’m tired of this whole thing already. Really tired. I don’t watch much television and didn’t even know there was such a thing as a person calling themselves a ‘pick up artist‘ until I joined the blogosphere. At first I thought it was all hysterical, then sad, then hysterical again. Now I’m just bored by it all.

I mean, I have a REAL LIFE for fuck’s sake and I don’t care if no one is interested in it. Read about it, don’t read about. Comment, don’t comment. But take me for who I AM. Just a real girl with real experience who is not pretending to be anything I’m not.

So moving on, I have a tonight that I’m kind of excited about. I shouldn’t be because he has trouble written all over him. As much as I’m liking Mr. Potential right now (he sent me the sweetest email this morning), tonight’s guy is so obviously my type. And well, I am who I am.

Tags: , , ,

10 to “SO Moving On”

1. Miss Heather Leigh says:

Omg! This makes me feel like a goon for watching that show (The Pick-Up Artist). Honestly though it really is a complete joke (and I think it’s a bit demeaning, mind you), so it’s nothing I make a point of watching weekly. It’s not like Dexter on Showtime, or anything. ;) Anyways yay for first dates! Especially with someone you know is your type. Have fun!! :D

2. SINgleGIRL says:

-miss heather leigh
    So I gather from reading blogs that there are shows on TV about PUAs? I am not, in any way, mocking people who watch them for entertainment. I do lots of things for entertainment that are mockable, btw. I do think the people who call themselves PUAs are pretty freaking funny (funny is the adjective I’m going with now – I think it’s the kindest one I can use). Have a great day out there on the West Coast. I hope it’s a lot warmer than frosty NYC.

3. cjw666 says:

Hey. You are who you are and it’s your life. You live it your way. If anyone doesn’t like it, you’re not hurting anyone, so screw ‘em.

Have a good night, date, whatever…

4. bobbyboy says:

I was refered to the PUA’s genre by hotalphafemale. I draw no conclusions yet about it as I’m still studying what it’s all about.

My first thoughts are that there’s a lot of categorization when there probably be more simplicity.
    I’m not big on PUA as a phrase only because it seems like someone who is a user.
    So far, many of them seem to feel they are the only authority on dating etc.
    They seem to have good tips for people that are shy and how to help get rid of that.

I have a lot more to read though to be fair about my opinion :)

Oh, and I know I’ll never be a PUA, don’t want to be.

5. lisaq says:

Okay, I have to say I love The Pickup Artist. I became addicted despite myself during the first season and got so excited when they announced season 2. Yes, I know. I’m not normal! ;)

6. SINgleGIRL says:

-lisaq,
    hey, I’ve never seen it and I am SO not judging what other people choose to do for fun. Like bobbyboy, I have issues with these “experts” what make them experts? And I have def issues with some of what they say. But more on that later. Should have a quiet say at the office. Good for blogging.

7. Infinity says:

Well, for someone that has watched last season and do reviews of this season on my site, I can honestly say that there are things people can learn on this show and I would recommend people to watch.*

*I would recommend watching the first season first because in that season, there is much more to learn.

But I actually answered a question that everyone has been asking me since I’ve started blogging. Am I a pick-up artist.

I really do not like using that term because it means nothing and provokes thoughts that aren’t necessarily good.

But I do say that I am a social artist. I love interacting with people and there is a certain form that goes with doing so successfully.

I always keep things natural and I am as honest as honest can be. I have a lot of respect for myself and other people as well, but I strongly believe that understanding attraction is something that everyone should learn. Not just guys.

So I understand why the term “pick up artist” can make you squirm. It’s those guys who I truly believe don’t get what it means to actually know and understand this stuff and therefore take it for granted.

I refuse to be one of those people.

8. SINgleGIRL says:

-Infinity
    Really – I am SO not mocking. I just don’t get it.

9. SINgleGIRL says:

-Infinity
    Social Artist? You’re serious, yes? I am not mocking. I just never heard that before (I really am pretty removed from a lot of pop culture, I guess). What does that mean? Artists create. What are you creating? Why do you need a label?

10. bobbyboy says:

Oh sorry, I should have clarified. I read what the online PUA’s say and teach, not the t.v. show (although I’ve seen it once in the beginning).

Infinity, am I correct in thinking that “social artist” basically just means someone comfortable with people in a social situation which includes the dating scene?

If so, I think it’s a heck of a lot better as a term than PUA :)